Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Calculated Member

Hello All.
I am using AS 2000 and would like to create a calculated member that shows a
calculated value back to a particular month regardless of year.
Here is an example.
I am looking at data for the month of July, 2005 and I want my calculated
member to show a calculated value for the month ofo December, 2004.
I would like this to be not dependant on the year. So if I am looking at
data for July, 2004, it will calculate the member for December of 2003. The
month that I am looking for backwards from where I am is always going to be
December of the previous year.
I hope I am being clear about this.
Bill
if you have only year and month levels and if the december month is the last
month of the year this formula will return the last december:
time.currentmember.parent.prevmember.lastchild
you can create a more generic formula (using ancestor function) and there is
other way to do this job (likeusing parrallelperiod, closingperiod...).
"Bill Walo" <williamwalo@.nvgeneral.com> wrote in message
news:A105A356-BA58-4726-806F-FFFBE2E72752@.microsoft.com...
> Hello All.
> I am using AS 2000 and would like to create a calculated member that shows
> a
> calculated value back to a particular month regardless of year.
> Here is an example.
> I am looking at data for the month of July, 2005 and I want my calculated
> member to show a calculated value for the month ofo December, 2004.
> I would like this to be not dependant on the year. So if I am looking at
> data for July, 2004, it will calculate the member for December of 2003.
> The
> month that I am looking for backwards from where I am is always going to
> be
> December of the previous year.
> I hope I am being clear about this.
> Bill
>

No comments:

Post a Comment