Sunday, March 25, 2012

Calculated Fields

I had made some calculated fields within my data set. Later I had to change my stored procedure. When I refreshed my data set my calculated fields disappeared. Is there a way to not lose your calculated fields in a dataset when you refresh it?

Could you not put the calculated fields into the stored proc?

|||

Have you check these field after executing your SP ?

May be Sp is not returing the calculated field.

Regards

Manoj Verma

|||Thank you for your replies. I had added the calculated fields within the report itsself and not within the stored procedure. I thought that the report would hold them, but when I refreshed the dataset, it lost the calculated fields that I had added in the report. I guess that I will have to add them into the SP.|||How did you go about refreshing the dataset? I have calculated fields and when I add a new field to the stored procedure I use the refresh fields button. This brings back the newly added field and I didn't lose my report-side calculated fields.|||Thank you Simone. I think that I was rerunning the query. I will not do that next time and will just refresh the fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment