Sunday, March 25, 2012

Calculated Fields in an OLAP cube severly impact data retrieval time

I have a OLAP cube that I'm using for a data source that has several
calculated measures in it. When I add the calculated measures to my report
the retrieval time goes from ~1 second to ~4 minutes. I haven't been able
to locate any information about this issue. Is there something I'm doing
wrong, or is this a Reporting services issue?Nevermind. I hadn't realized that splitting a calculated field over an
unrelated dimension would have the same effect.
"Jeremy Farnham" <jeremy.farnham@.omya.com> wrote in message
news:esFYjweBIHA.4712@.TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>I have a OLAP cube that I'm using for a data source that has several
>calculated measures in it. When I add the calculated measures to my report
>the retrieval time goes from ~1 second to ~4 minutes. I haven't been able
>to locate any information about this issue. Is there something I'm doing
>wrong, or is this a Reporting services issue?
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment