Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Calculated Measure will not deploy

I have a calculated measure which simply tries to generate a Margin Percentage. This is very simply one Measure divided by another. The problem is that when I try to deploy this measure with a Parent Hierarchy of measures it will not deploy I get the error

Errors and Warnings from Response
MdxScript(OPWDW) (7, 8) The 'Measures' dimension contains more than one hierarchy, therefore the hierarchy must be explicitly specified.

Strangly I have managed to get it to deploy once but then the build fails with the same error. I am not sure why this happens as I have done nothing different from what I would normally do and the Measures dimension does only have one hierarchy.

Just out of interest my colegue is also having the same problem with a different cube the only difference between this and what we have done in the past is that we are using SP1 of sql 2005 does this change the requirements for our MDX query I am just dragging two measures on and sticking a / between them|||

Found the answer

Change

CURRENTCUBE.[MEASURES]

to

CURRENTCUBE.[Measures]

|||

Hi Sax,

I tried to changed it but it still same error. How you can solve this error.

Rgds.,

|||

When I changed the case this worked for me (maybe try all lowercase)

Also make sure you have SP installed and all 5 hotfixes applied otherwise this seems to cause a problem

Cheers

|||

Hi Sax,

After I had to fix SP and did it again, it work.

Thank for your information.

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment