Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Calculated Measures not showing in SSRS.

Hi,
I have two cubes , One is fairly large Cube and the other one is Smaller one.
When I try to Use SSRS to report on these two cubes, i could see the calculated measures only in the Smaller Cube and there are no such things in the Large Cube.
I could Report on the Large Cube with base Measures.
I see the below message at the end of the Measures List.
"More Measures Exists than can Be shown."

Am i missing something?
Can anyone point me to some clue .

Thankyou
Vidya

Hi,

did you reprocess the large cube after,adding the calculated measures?

|||

I have not used SSRS yet, but I came accross a similar issue when I was creating a cube.

When you create a cube on SSAS, it automatically creates a script called "CALCULATE." You can view it on Caluculation tab on the cube design. It contains the following code:

/*

The CALCULATE command controls the aggregation of leaf cells in the cube.

If the CALCULATE command is deleted or modified, the data within the cube is affected.

You should edit this command only if you manually specify how the cube is aggregated.

*/

CALCULATE

If this script is modified or deleted, you may not see your measures correctly in your cube.

|||Thankyou for the Reply,
But I Have that CALCULATE untouched.
Another intresting note is that i can see all the calculated measures with the values from EXCEL 2007.
When i try querying the cube for the Calculated Measure then i am getting the values ; Only problem is that i am not able to see them through SSRS.
I have tried re-processing the Cube but no luck.
Thankyou
vidya

No comments:

Post a Comment