Sunday, March 25, 2012

calculated fields

Hey All,
I wondering how you do a calculated field in Reporting
Services. I need to be able to iterate through two
seperate tables and figure out the activation rate. So I
thought I could use a calcuated field but when I do it, it
tries to apply the sum function when I drag that field out
of the fields list. When I remove the sum function I get
an error.
= Fields!ID.Value, "MTReg"/ Fields!ID.Value, "MTAct" I
don't get it how do I do this?I'm afraid that's not possible.
You'll need to calculate it in a query
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"bmurtha" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:3c9f01c472c5$eb5b27c0$a401280a@.phx.gbl...
> Hey All,
> I wondering how you do a calculated field in Reporting
> Services. I need to be able to iterate through two
> seperate tables and figure out the activation rate. So I
> thought I could use a calcuated field but when I do it, it
> tries to apply the sum function when I drag that field out
> of the fields list. When I remove the sum function I get
> an error.
> = Fields!ID.Value, "MTReg"/ Fields!ID.Value, "MTAct" I
> don't get it how do I do this?

No comments:

Post a Comment