Saturday, February 25, 2012

CA not valid

Hello,
I need first to test SSL-Encryption on an standalone SQL Server 2000 Server.
For this, I became a Personal CA from a friend and the appropriated Trusted
Root CA. I requested it with the User who start the SQL Server services (an
administrator user)
All looks fine under MMC, but SQL Server does not find any 'valid'
certificate... and SetCert too
What the mater?
Is it not possible to use CAs from none official Authorities? Also if my
Server is out of the network?
How can I test for a day without to pay for a longtime valid CA?If SQL is on the same machine as the CA, the CA must have a different name.
The certificate that SQL uses is a machine cert, the same cert that IIS
uses. As a test you could
use IIS to validate the cert using a SSL site on the same machine.
Thanks,
Kevin McDonnell
Microsoft Corporation
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment