Saturday, February 25, 2012

C2 Auditing: How to change to directory to save log files

I need to turn on C2 auditing on a sql 2K cluster server.
I do not have any space on C drive which according to the articles (and bol)
is the default place.
How I can change the directory so these traces can be save into the location
I want.
Any solid experience anyone has on C2?
Thank you,
ktfHi
C2 auditing writes to \mssql\data directory for default instances of SQL
Server 2000, or the \mssql$instancename\data directory for named instances.
If you change the default database data location in EM, or
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS
SQLServer\MSSQLServer\DefaultData,
it will place them there.
Regards
--
--
Mike Epprecht, Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Zurich, Switzerland
IM: mike@.epprecht.net
MVP Program: http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/epprecht/
"ktf" <ktf@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D1ACF0EF-410E-4306-B826-17C76081C275@.microsoft.com...
> I need to turn on C2 auditing on a sql 2K cluster server.
> I do not have any space on C drive which according to the articles (and
bol)
> is the default place.
> How I can change the directory so these traces can be save into the
location
> I want.
> Any solid experience anyone has on C2?
> Thank you,
> ktf
>|||Well Mr. Epprecht,
I have C and D drive which are the local drives and S and R from the SAN.
The only location that I can is on S drive. The registry setting is deferent
.
Is there a specific registry object for that mater? I can try to run it and
see where it is saving it but is there a specific place that I can change th
e
setting that is for C2 ONLY?
Other question I have a passive site for disaster recovery (I am not talking
about passive node) do I have to replicate the trace data? The passive site
has a different virtual server name and ip address. As you know the sql is
sleep but I have a third party replication system going. Do you know if I
replace the trace that will be readable at the passive site?
Do you recommend any site for anything on C2?
Thank you,
ktf
"Mike Epprecht (SQL MVP)" wrote:

> Hi
> C2 auditing writes to \mssql\data directory for default instances of SQL
> Server 2000, or the \mssql$instancename\data directory for named instances
.
> If you change the default database data location in EM, or
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS
SQLServer\MSSQLServer\DefaultData,
> it will place them there.
> Regards
> --
> --
> Mike Epprecht, Microsoft SQL Server MVP
> Zurich, Switzerland
> IM: mike@.epprecht.net
> MVP Program: http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/epprecht/
> "ktf" <ktf@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D1ACF0EF-410E-4306-B826-17C76081C275@.microsoft.com...
> bol)
> location
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment