Saturday, February 25, 2012

c0000005 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION when querying linked server

I have SQL 2K with SP4. Oracle client is installed on the Server. I have created linked server to Oracle. I am abld to connect to Oracle Server through DTS but when I query an oracle linked server SQl Server crashes with "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" error.

Info on the Server:

Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - 8.00.2039 (Intel X86)
May 3 2005 23:18:38
Copyright (c) 1988-2003 Microsoft Corporation
Enterprise Edition on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: Service Pack 1)

I have the SQL dump if you need that. Please help.

Thanks

Sreejith

Hi Sreejith,

I've moving your post to the Database Engine forum. Your issue isn't a documentation issue and you'll likely get a better response in that forum.

Thanks,

Gail Erickson

SQL Server Documentation Team

|||

Whilst I cannot help a lot I can recommend that you give a little more information:

Version of Oracle (and it's host) Middleware being used (ODBC vs OLEDB driver, whose, which version) Whether Oracle is local or remote Is it any query or specific queries|||

Can you please upload the dump file?

Thanks, Ron D.

1 comment:

CALVINALEX said...

This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information... exception_access_violation

Post a Comment