Friday, February 24, 2012

C# Server Explorer

I cannot connect to a Sql Server 2005 database via Data Connections. I cannot find Server Explorer in C#. In Data Connections I use the Advanced button to reset the type from Express to MSSQLServer.

My Visual Studio - Server Explorer works fine to connect to that same DB, and shows its tree, tables, and column names. So I know it is there, and working.

Ideas?

I'm a little confused by your post... are you using Visual Studio or SQL Server Management Studio? What version (Express Edition, Developer Edition?)

Paul A. Mestemaker II
Program Manager
Microsoft SQL Server Manageability
http://blogs.msdn.com/sqlrem/

|||

Thanks. I'm using C# Express, trying to connect to a standard SQL Server 2005 database. I reset the data source type to MSSQL (instead of SQLExpress).

Perhaps C# Express will only connect to SQL Express data sources?

I just purchased VS Pro 2005 + MSDN, which will arrive in 2 days.

|||

hi,

you have to configure sql server 2005 to accept remote connection in the

surface area configuration to allow c# interface to connect to sql server 2005

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914277

regards,

joey

No comments:

Post a Comment